2019 Volkswagen Jetta
The Volkswagen Jetta has been completely re-designed and is all-new for the 2019 model year. A comfortable sedan with luxury features at an affordable price point make the Jetta an easy choice for shoppers in this class.
Technology, new safety, and its European look give the Jetta an edge, and we can’t help but want to drive it, just for fun.
What’s to Love
All-new for 2019 is the standard inclusion of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto at every trim level. It’s an addition most welcome by Apple enthusiasts for music, maps, and phone & messaging integration.
Touchscreens are a must, and the Econoline model includes a 6.5” screen and the top of the line Execline includes an 8” screen.
Standard and automatic LED head and tail lights are a standalone feature in this class and price point.
Manual transmission isn’t so ‘standard’ anymore and not all sedans in Canada are available with manual (or ‘Stick shift’) transmission. In 2019, the Jetta is available with a manual or automatic transmission.
Safety is Paramount
The Advanced Driver Assistance Systems package is $995, and is available on the Execline trim level and includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Blind Spot Detection with Rear Traffic Alert and Lane Assist
- Forward collision warning incl. autonomous emergency braking
- Light Assist (High beam control)
Trims and Price Points
Starting at only $20,995 for manual and $22,395 for automatic for the Comfortline manual transmission model, automatic on/off LED headlights, 16” wheels, 6.5” touchscreen, and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay integration.
The Highline starts at $24,095 for manual and $25,495 for automatic transmission while adding a centre armrest in the back seat, an 8” touchscreen, leatherette seats, dual-zone climate control, keyless access with push button start, leather gear shift knob, rain-sensing windshield wipers, sunroof and blind-spot detection with rear traffic alert.
The top of the line Execline starts at $27,695 manual and $29,095 and adds ambient interior lighting, Beats 6-speaker audio system, 17” wheels, leather seats, SiriusXM radio, digital instrument cluster, and ventilated front seats.
Add the R-Line trim for $1,700 and get:
- ECO function
- Leatherette front door inserts
- Leatherette seating surfaces
- 17" Viper alloy wheels
- All-season tires (205/55)
- Ambient interior lighting
- Black headliner
- Cross Differential System (XDS)
- Driving Profile Selection with ECO mode
- Front fog lights with cornering lights
- Interior décor: Fishbone
- Interior light in footwell
- Remote start
- Steering wheel with R-Line badge
The Winter package is $385
- Seat heater for front and rear seats
- Windshield in heat-insulating glass, with heated lower wiper section
The 2019 Jetta sedan adds new safety and technology, stays true to its European design roots and is a leader in its class at an affordable price point.