Dear Volkswagen customer,
As the proud Owner of a Volkswagen vehicle, you are entitled to exclusive ownership privileges that are designed to provide you with peace of mind and security around the clock. This comprehensive program of emergency roadside and related services is available to you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in Canada or even when you are travelling in the United States.
24-hour roadside assistance combines a team of qualified customer service professionals with a comprehensive nationwide towing network to bring you world-class assistance when you need it most. These are some of the benefits of owning a Volkswagen model, and a testament to Volkswagen’s dedication to your total ownership experience.
Certain exclusions and limitations apply. Please review your Owner’s Manual for details.
For immediate assistance anywhere (in the U.S. or Canada), caII 24-hour roadside assistance toll free at: (800) 411-6688
Please read this booklet to fully understand how the Volkswagen 24-hour roadside assistance program can assist you should you find yourself in need of roadside assistance.
The Volkswagen 24-hour roadside assistance program offers the following roadside assistance services:
When calling (800) 411-6688 please be prepared to provide your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Your VIN can be found in numerous locations including your registration, insurance slip or in the right lower corner of the windshield from the exterior.
For your convenience, you can record your VIN below for easy of reference:
To obtain any of the services and/or benefits listed in this manual, just calI toll free to reach qualified customer service professional at (800) 411-6688
To help serve you better, please have the following information ready before you call:
1. Your vehicle identification number (VIN) located on your registration, insurance, or outside windshield on the driver's side.
2. Year, model, colour, and license pIate number of the vehicle.
3. The telephone number from which you are calling or a telephone number where you can be reached.
4. Exact location of your vehicle (street address, and nearest intersection).
5. Type of service required and a brief description of the problem.
In the unlikely event that 24-hour roadside assistance is unable to provide assistance in the geographical area where your Volkswagen is disabled, please follow the instructions outlined in the "Arranging Your Own Assistance" section of this Owner’s Guide (p. 4).
When you call for roadside assistance, one or more of the following, as needed,
will be provided to you:
If your vehicle becomes disabled due to a mechanical breakdown, complimentary towing will be provided to your preferred Volkswagen Dealer within 50 km or the nearest authorized Volkswagen dealership or authorized Volkswagen service centre. Please note, for security reasons towing service will not be provided to unattended vehicles a licensed driver must accompany the vehicle at the time of service.
A service operator will be dispatched to provide a jump-start. If your vehicle cannot be driven safely, towing services will be provided.
If your vehicle has a flat tire, a service operator will attempt to remove it and install a spare tire. If you don’t have a properly inflated spare fire or if the spare is not safely operable, towing service will be provided. The mounting or dismounting of special traction devices including chains, as well as repairing a flat tire, is not covered under this program
If you happen to run out of fuel (gasoline), an emergency supply of gasoline will be delivered to get you on your way. Both the delivery service and the emergency supply of gasoline are complimentary.
Note: TDI customers whose car has run out of diesel fuel will be towed to the nearest authorized VoIkswagen dealership or authorized VoIkswagen service facility.
If your keys are locked inside your vehicle, 24-hour roadside assistance will attempt to
assist in getting you back on the road.
Note: If you have lost your keys, contact your Volkswagen Dealer for further
At your request, a service operator may be dispatched in an attempt to gain entry into your vehicle to retrieve your keys. However, you are solely responsible for any loss or damage resulting from this entry attempt. If access into your vehicle is unsuccessful, it will be towed to the nearest authorized Volkswagen dealership to gain entry. This tow will be at your own expense. The costs for parts and/or labour to produce replacement keys are not included in this service. To provide added security for the vehicle Owner, registration papers and personal photo identification will be requested at the scene.
24-hour roadside assistance will cover the cost of extricating your vehicle from any ditch, mud, sand, or snow, provided it has become disabled in an area immediately adjacent to a regularly travelled road, which can be serviced with standard automobile servicing equipment.
It is crucial that you call 24-hour roadside assistance at (800) 411-6688 for all assistance. However, in the event service cannot be dispatched to your location, you will be authorized to call the service provider of your choice; and you will be reimbursed for your out-of-pocket expenses for the above covered services, up to a maximum of $100 for each disablement (including all taxes and surcharges). (Note: Always refer to your vehicle’s Owner’s manual for proper towing instructions and requirements.)
1. Contact the Roadside Assistance Centre at 1-800-411-6688 and obtain a pre~service authorization number.
2. Arrange your own local roadside or towing assistance. (Note: Always refer to your vehicle’s Owner’s manual for proper towing instructions and requirements.)
3. Pay (the local service operator, or in some cases, the local service facility) for services rendered and obtain an itemized receipt that includes the amount paid, the date, and the name of the service provider.
4. Submit the original receipt(s) containing a description of services provided and your pre-service authorization number, within 30 days of disablement. Also include:
Obtain pre-authorization and then mail to:
24-Hour Roadside Assistance
777 Bayly Street West
Aiax, Ontario LlS 7G7
Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of your reimbursement.
1. Towing your Volkswagen model (one tow per disablement) for a mechanical breakdown to the nearest Volkswagen Dealer or authorized Volkswagen service facility.
2. Road service (labour performed at disablement site), which includes: changing flat tire with spare, battery jump, lock-out service, delivery of gasoline, and extrication/winching (see page 3 and 4).
3. Service call (delivery of gasoline).
1. Towing a vehicle from an authorized Dealer/facility capable of providing the necessary repairs during the facility’s normal hours of operation.
2. More than one service call per disablement.
3. Delivery of a battery or the cleaning of the battery cables.
4. The cost of any parts, labour (other than the "roadside assistance services" outlined earlier), supplies, or materials.
5. Service to unattended vehicles. (A licensed driver must be present when service is being provided.)
6. Fines or impound towing charges due to a violation of local laws.
7. Towing by other than a licensed service operator including private citizen's assistance.
8. Services outside Canada or the 50 United States.
9. Shovelling snow to free or access a snow-bound vehicle.
10. Repairing/replacing a flat tire and installation of snow tires, tire chains, etc.
11. Transporting you to your disabled vehicle or to your home after the service has been rendered, or transporting your vehicle back to you following repairs.
12. Service to any vehicle wilfully driven into non-regularly travelled areas such as open fields, construction sites, beaches, mud-filled driveways/laneways/concession roads, vacant lots, or any other area that is inaccessible or hazardous for the service operator's vehicle to reach.
13. Towing and road services applicable to lock-outs or lost keys (e.g., accident-related roadside assistance and/or towing, vandalism, tire, etc.).
14. Replacement keys.
If your registered Volkswagen model (owned or leased) is disabled because of a mechanical breakdown over 160 kilometres from your residence address, and the repair is covered under your New Vehicle Limited Warranty, you may be reimbursed for trip interruption expenses if your vehicle cannot be made safely operable the same day. Your coverage includes reimbursement for:
Trip interruption coverage is limited to reasonable expenses up to a maximum of $300.00 per disablement/incident, including all taxes and surcharges. This service is designed to assist you with some of the unplanned expenses you may incur while waiting for your vehicle to be repaired. Please note that pre-authorization for trip interruption reimbursement consideration by Volkswagen 24-hour roadside assistance is required. It is also required that you contact the 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Centre to obtain a Volkswagen roadside assistance case number.
1. Contact the Roadside Assistance Centre (800) 411-6688 and obtain a Volkswagen roadside assistance case number, within 24 hours of disablement.
2. The following items will be required:
3. Submit the above within 30 days of the disablement to:
24-Hour Roadside Assistance
777 Bayly Street West
Aiax, Ontario LlS 7G7
Volkswagen 24-hour roadside assistance strives to provide the finest in roadside assistance services through a comprehensive network of independent service operators. However, since these operators are independent business people, Volkswagen 24-hour roadside assistance cannot assume any liability for any loss or damage resulting from the rendering of such services. All claims and inquiries must be submitted within 30 days.
Volkswagen and/or Volkswagen 24-hour roadside assistance may cancel coverage on any Volkswagen vehicle at any time by written notice. There is no refund available to you in the event of cancellation.
All amounts referred to herein will be paid in Canadian funds. Any expenses accepted for reimbursement with U.S. currency will be converted using the exchange rate on the date of the disablement.
Your registered Volkswagen model (owned or leased) is the vehicle covered by Volkswagen 24-hour roadside assistance.
The services, policies, and procedures described in this booklet are subject to change without notice.
For all other Volkswagen inquiries please call Volkswagen Customer CARE toll free at: (800) 822-8987
Volkswagen" and the Volkswagen logo are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG.
*6-months free roadside assistance only available for Volkswagen's no longer within the new car 4-year or 80,000km warranty or no longer within the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) factory warranty. The 6-month Free term can be re-registered every 6 months, while program is still running, with a free 30 point inspection or paid service at Brantford Volkswagen. 6-month terms cannot be accumulated in advance for future use (stacking).